Bring Your Horses
If you want to bring your own horses while visiting the Dog & Pony Ranch, we have the following facilities for 1-2 guest horses (note: our own horses, llamas, cattle and chickens will be in adjacent stalls, paddocks and pasture):
- One 12x12' rubber matted stall in Barnmaster barn with fans and lights
- L-shaped sandy paddock shown ~20' W x 44' L (can have 1 horse use stall and 2nd horse use paddock, or keep stall door open and have 2 horses share stall+paddock)
- Hot & cold water wash at covered tie rail
- Trailer parking space
- Riding in 80x180' sand arena and 60 acres of trails
- Many more miles of nearby trails to ride at Lake Tabeaud and Lake Camanche including the Mokelumne Coast to Crest Trail
Contact Cyndi if you are interested in bringing your horses with you during your Dog & Pony Ranch vacation. There is an additional $20/night/horse fee (or $25/night/horse if you'd prefer that we do the daily mucking). You can feed your horses using their standard feed, or we can sell you some of our hay.
The barn is a short walk from the house but is under video surveillance so can ensure all is well with the animals. Please only bring horses that are UTD on shots and free from any contagious diseases (as are our animals). Note that the "bring your horses" option is only available to overnight guests when we're in residence (see hosted visits calendar).