Dining & Entertainment
Hours and dog policies frequently change with these small businesses so please check before visiting and let us know if any changes so we can update these listings. You'll find a lot of authentic Italian dining since the area had a lot of Italian settlers -- enjoy!
- Volcano Union Pub serves Thurs - Mon on their dog-friendly outdoor patio in Volcano (8 miles). The shaded patio is quite popular so reservations recommended.
- Wok and Roll Asian fusion in nearby Pine Grove (5 miles) for take-out or covered patio outdoor dining.
- 88 Giant Burgers lunch/dinner everyday with outside patio for dogs
- Giannini's Italian Dinners family-style dining Thurs - Sun (209) 296-7222
- Las Minas Mexican Restaurant with to-go available (209) 296-6400
- Pine Grove Pizza to take back to the ranch (19724 State Highway 88, Pine Grove, 209-296-8555)
- Star Pizza next to the old pharmacy has an outdoor table so can bring the dogs (19892 State Highway 88, Pine Grove, 209-296-6988)
- St. George historic hotel and restaurant in Volcano (8 miles)
- Bistro49 Foodies will enjoy these chefs' talents and their personal touches. Dog-friendly patio and dog menu! M-F lunch, Th-F dinner.
- Highway House Restaurant & Bar Popular place near Raleys with expanded outside patio dining.
- Mel & Faye’s Diner Great burgers! Nice patio dining with dogs allowed outside.
- Luka's has reopened (5/2021) with patio dining in the back (can access through Wells Fargo parking lot with your dog so don't walk through restaurant).
- Brickhouse Brews is our favorite brew pub in downtown Jackson. Great burgers and craft beer from Amador Brewing Company.
- Jackson Rancheria (7 miles) has a steak restaurant (Lone Wolf), Asian/Californian grills, bakery cafe, and buffet.
- Most fast food chains can be found on Hwy 88 or Hwy 49 and some have outside eating to include pets: including Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Round Table Pizza, Mountain Mike's Pizza, Baskin Robbins, Denny's.
- Starbucks: one near Safeway and one near Raleys.
- Cafes: Rosebud's Cafe (locally grown food!), Main Street Deli, Cafe de Coco, Cafe Max
- Italian: Teresa's, Luka's, Strings, and others
- Mexican: Taqueria La Esmeralda, Los Hermanos, El Torero, El Mira Mar
- Asian: Oko Sushi, Thai Siam, Panda House, and more
- Indian: Taj Indian
- Imperial Hotel saloon and restaurant in Amador City (17 miles) serves Tues-Sun with a beautiful outdoor patio where dogs are welcomed.
- Andrae's Bakery and Cheese Shop in Amador City (17 miles) welcomes dogs and makes sandwiches on their fresh breads Th - Sun.
- Amador Brewing Company in Plymouth (20 miles) allows dogs on outdoor front patio AND in a warehouse-like sheltered covered area where you'll likely find lots of people with dogs enjoying Amador's craft beer Fri - Sun.
- Amador Vintage Market in Plymouth (21 miles) is dog friendly and makes wonderful picnic lunches to enjoy in the next door dog-friendly park. A perfect break between Shenandoah Valley wine tasting stops
- Hotel Leger in Moke Hill (21 miles) has lovely backyard dining overlooking their pool area.
- Taste Restaurant one of the most upscale Amador restaurants for 5-star dining, in Plymouth (21 miles)
- Provisions in Sutter Creek (12 miles) Live music many nights with fine food in this tap room.
- Hotel Sutter Restaurant in Sutter Creek (12 miles) 7 days/week lunch & dinner including nice balcony
- Mountain Grille at Mace Meadows Upcountry dining in Pioneer (14 miles) at the golf cours
Local Butcher People drive great distances to buy the delicious marinated meats from Swingle's Meats just off Hwy 88 on your way to the Ranch (look for the steer sign). Highly recommended for those planning to BBQ.
Groceries including deli at small Pine Grove Market (5 miles), full-sized Raleys (9 miles) and Safeway (11 miles).
Farmers Markets. Amador County is an agricultural mecca not only for vineyards but also other products you would hope to find at a farmers market.
- Mother Lode Exchange. Year-round market open Wed and Sat 11am-3pm in a historic Jackson building.
- 3 Summer Farmers Markets early June - late Sept:
Saturdays 9-1pm, Sutter Creek in Eureka St Parking Lot
Wednesdays 3pm – 6pm, Pine Grove Community Park
Thursdays 4pm – 7pm, Plymouth at McGee Park
- Jackson Indian Casino (8 miles) offers 7 days per week, 24 hours a day action. Slot machines, bingo, blackjack, and other card games are available. There is a game arcade for the kids.
Live Music Country towns bring performers up-close-and-personal with many including outdoor venues during warm summer nights.
- Jackson Rancheria (8 miles) see their events calendar
- Preston Castle (21 miles) Concerts, murder mystery dinner, castle tours, haunted Halloween, and more
- Helwig Winery (25 miles) hosts concerts and evening events in its outdoor pavilion
- Ironstone Vineyards (43 miles) with a large outdoor amphitheater for their summer concert season
- Amador Arts Summer Music Series Various locations in Amador County
Theater Productions Small town charm in local performances with inside and outside stages.
- Volcano Theater Company (8 miles) new shows almost every month typically Fri-Sun
- Main Street Theater Works (10 miles) Productions at Kennedy Mine Amphitheater in Jackson on Fridays and Saturdays
- Murphys Creek Theatre (42 miles) a.k.a. Black Bart Playhouse has classic live plays
- Sierra Rep (50 miles) in Columbia
Video Rental (plus Netflix in our home):
- Video Rainbow Hwy 88, Pine Grove 209-296-4200