Dining & Entertainment
- Volcano Union Pub serves on their dog-friendly outdoor patio in Volcano (8 miles). The shaded patio is quite popular so reservations recommended.
- Wok and Roll Asian fusion in nearby Pine Grove (5 miles) for take-out or covered patio outdoor dining.
- Hoist House Amador Brewing Company recently opened taproom with scheduled food trucks nearby in Pine Grove. Pretty and dog-friendly patio.
- 88 Giant Burgers lunch/dinner everyday in Pine Grove. Call to pick-up to-go orders or small outside patio.
- Plate 88 new grill and bar in Pioneer (10 miles) with outside patio.
- Las Minas Mexican Restaurant with to-go available in nearby Pine Grove, see menu (209) 296-6400
- Giannini's Italian Dinners family-style dining in Pine Grove (209) 296-7222
- Pine Grove Pizza to take back to the ranch (19724 State Highway 88, Pine Grove, 209-296-8555)
- St. George historic hotel and restaurant in Volcano (8 miles)
- Saluti's one of our favorite places to go with friends to enjoy their highly-rated Italian cuisine. Dog-friendly patio.
- Highway House Restaurant & Bar Popular place near Raleys with expanded outside patio dining.
- Mel & Faye’s Diner Great burgers! Nice patio dining with dogs allowed outside.
- Luka's restaurant and full bar has re-opened in 2021 with lovely patio dining in the back (access through Wells Fargo parking so dogs don't walk through restaurant).
- Brickhouse Brews is our favorite brew pub in downtown Jackson. Great burgers and craft beer from Amador Brewing Company.
- Jackson Rancheria (7 miles) has a steak restaurant (Lone Wolf), Asian/Californian grills, bakery cafe, and buffet.
- Most fast food chains can be found on Hwy 88 or Hwy 49 and some have outside eating to include pets: including Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Round Table Pizza, Mountain Mike's Pizza, Baskin Robbins, Denny's.
- Starbucks: one near Safeway and one near Raleys.
- Cafes: Rosebud's Cafe (locally grown food!), Main Street Deli, Cafe de Coco, Cafe Max
- Italian: Teresa's, Paisano's Pizza, Strings, and others
- Mexican: Taqueria La Esmeralda, Los Hermanos, El Torero, El Mira Mar, and several taco trucks
- Asian: Golden Dragon, Panda House, Thai Siam, Oko Sushi, and more
- Indian: Taste of Himalaya is highly rated!
- Gold Dust Pizza is a favorite of ours in Sutter Creek with a cute dog-friendly patio, great brews and pizza.
- Sutter Greek NEW! Greek "authentic-ish" restaurant cleverly named in Sutter Creek, in the old Buffalo Chips location with 6 dog-friendly tables on back patio.
- Cavana's Pub & Grub A few communal tables on front sidewalk.
- Hotel Sutter A few tables on front sidewalk with mister fans.
- Imperial Hotel saloon and restaurant in Amador City (17 miles) has a beautiful outdoor patio where dogs are welcomed.
- Amador Brewing Company in Plymouth (20 miles) allows dogs on outdoor front patio AND in a warehouse-like sheltered covered area where you'll likely find lots of people with dogs enjoying Amador's craft beer Fri - Sun.
- Hotel Leger in Moke Hill (21 miles) has lovely backyard dining overlooking their pool area.
- Taste Restaurant one of the most upscale Amador restaurants for 5-star dining, in Plymouth (21 miles)
- Provisions, Sina's Cafe, Choc-O-Latte and other restaurants in Sutter Creek (12 miles)
- Mountain Grille at Mace Meadows Upcountry dining in Pioneer (14 miles) at the golf course
Local Butcher People drive great distances to buy the delicious marinated meats from Swingle's Meats just off Hwy 88 on your way to the Ranch (look for the steer sign). Highly recommended for those planning to BBQ.
Groceries including deli at small Pine Grove Market (5 miles), full-sized Raleys (9 miles) and Safeway (11 miles).
Farmers Markets. Amador County is an agricultural mecca not only for vineyards but also other products you would hope to find at a farmers market. Read our Farmer's Market blog post for photos, latest info and recommendations.
- Mother Lode Exchange. Year-round market in a historic Jackson building.
- Summer Farmers Markets. Outdoors in Sutter Creek and Plymouth.
- Jackson Indian Casino (8 miles) offers 7 days per week, 24 hours a day action. Slot machines, bingo, blackjack, and other card games are available. There is a game arcade for the kids.
Live Music Country towns bring performers up-close-and-personal with many including outdoor venues during warm summer nights.
- Live music and wine tasting on dog-friendly patios including our favorites at La Mesa and Rancho Victoria vineyards (~20 miles in Plymouth)
- Jackson Rancheria (8 miles) see their events calendar
- Preston Castle (21 miles) Concerts, murder mystery dinner, castle tours, haunted Halloween, and more
- Helwig Winery (25 miles) hosts concerts and evening events in its outdoor pavilion
- Ironstone Vineyards (43 miles) with a large outdoor amphitheater for their summer concert season
- Amador Arts Summer Music Series Various locations in Amador County
Theater Productions Small town charm in local performances with inside and outside stages.
- Volcano Theater Company (8 miles) new shows almost every month typically Fri-Sun
- Main Street Theater Works (10 miles) Productions at Kennedy Mine Amphitheater in Jackson on Fridays and Saturdays
- Murphys Creek Theatre (42 miles) a.k.a. Black Bart Playhouse has classic live plays
- Sierra Rep (50 miles) in Columbia
- Our local cinema closed during the pandemic but has re-opened as D'Place under new management.