What to BringOur vacation home is fully furnished including bed/bath linens for up to 6 registered guests, hair dryers, shampoo/soap, basic kitchen staples, and firewood. Please see Beds & Bathroom, Kitchen & Living, and Entertainment & Outdoor web pages for more detailed list of items supplied in each of these areas. See also our FAQ page when planning your getaway!
Items you may want to bring for the dogs:
- Dog beds, blankets, towels, toys, leashes, bowls, food, medications, and anything else your pet may need.
- There is one large (Lab-sized) Vari Kennel crate and a couple of dog beds and bowls in the guest house, but your dog may prefer his/her own.
- Tick preventative strongly recommended during the cooler season if your dog(s) like to run off-trail (the deer are cute but they keep the ticks plentiful in California).
- Under the kitchen sink are tweezers and a flea comb (good for removing stickers) if you need them.
- If you allow your dogs up on furniture, please bring dog blankets to cover furniture to avoid nail scratches on the leather and excess pet hair.
- We welcome all well-behaved dogs, though note that very small dogs may be able to squeeze between wrought iron fence. One clever guest used a blow-up e-collar to keep their very small dog within the fenced area.
Items you may want to bring for the people:
- Personal items such as clothing, swimsuits and toiletries. Layered clothing recommended and extra socks since hiking can mean dust and stickers in the dry seasons. Hiking boots recommended if planning to use the trails.
- Drinks and food including condiments (the house includes some staples but don't count on specifics). Bean or ground coffee (we have burr grinder and standard filter machine including filters). Briquettes and lighter fluid if planning to use BBQ. There is a small market in Pine Grove 5 miles away for any additional items needed, and a full-sized Safeway and Raleys in Jackson (20 minute drive).
- Water toys such as floats in the summer, and snow gear in the winter if going to the mountains. Additional games, books, DVDs, music or whatever you enjoy when relaxing (though we also have an assortment at the house).
- Camera, laptop, sunscreen, bug spray, and a first aid kit are always good to have on hand. We always enjoy seeing guest photos so please feel free to send for our visitor gallery!