Games & Outdoor Features
The outdoor features are truly amazing starting with a beautiful swimming pond and miles of private fenced hiking trails. Covered patio with seating areas and spa HOT TUB provides a perfect place to watch the sun set over the neighboring vineyards, and then light up the fire pit/table and gaze at the stars while listening to the crickets chirp.
We offer many other options for human entertainment including books, games, puzzles, TV and media options on the Guest House page.
The game room includes ping-pong, foosball and a dart board. Outdoor games include a regulation width/height basketball court, corn hole, ladder toss, horse shoes, frisbee golf, bocce balls and football.
Take a short hike to our picnic spot overlooking neighboring vineyards, and enjoy a bottle of wine from a local Amador vintner. There is also a patio table at the pond for lunch while you lounge by the water.
Photos of Outdoor Fun
- Indoor Games: ping pong, foosball, dartboard in game room, with cards, puzzles, and board games at house
- Outdoor Games: corn hole, ladder toss, horseshoe pit, bocce ball, frisbee golf, football, basketball
- Basketball court: college lined and regulation-height baskets
- Lawn: artificial grass lawn that's perfect for fetching or agility. The horse arena is also a good place to play fetch.
- Parking: plenty of gravelled parking spaces near guest house.
- Pond: Large 50' x 70' pond is like a natural style pool. Circulation/ aeration/ filtration, treated water, and liner keep it cleaner than typical ponds.
- Hot Tub: 4-person outdoor jetted spa on back patio next to guest master bedroom
- Covered Patios: with outdoor seating, ceiling fans, lights and mister fan in summer.
- Outdoor Grill: Weber BBQ kettle. Please supply your own briquettes and lighter.
- Multiple Fenced Yards: Dogs have separate private space (we can accommodate reactive dogs). Guests have a private side yard with dog door access from guest house. Note that the big backyard is now primarily for our dogs (Cody is getting older and Gina gets tired of other dogs stealing her toys) though can coordinate shared usage.
- Fire Pit and Table: propane fire table on guest patio. Also a wood-burning fire pit that Troy will light/manage for safety upon guest request during hosted stays.
- Fencing: 60-acre perimeter and livestock pasture has 4' high "field fence". Hilltop backyard and sideyard have 6' wrought iron fence. See fence FAQ for more info and photos.
- Horses/donkeys/llamas/chickens: experience ranch life with our livestock who are safely fenced in ~10-acres of pastures on the east side of the property. See Barn Animals page for more info.