Calendar, Rates and Reservations
Yes, we ARE open but are heavily booked through fall 2020 with many people wanting to getaway after COVID-19 strict stay-at-home. We are blocking at least 24-hours in between visits for airing out and sanitizing so fewer dates available. Scroll down to see our Availability Calendar which is always kept up-to-date.
You may reserve directly with the Dog & Pony Ranch using our online Quote Calculator, then scroll down below the quote for brief reservation request form and complete with PayPal payment, OR book via VRBO or Airbnb if you prefer. Booking directly with us on DogPony.com will ALWAYS be the lowest cost with the most options.
Contact Cyndi at owner@DogPony.com or 408-471-8757 with any questions!
Rental Rates & Features
|Nightly November - Apr||$249||$279|
|Nightly May - October||$289||$329|
|Weekly Discounted||$1,449 ($207/night)||$1,649 ($236/night)|
(beyond 2 people)
(up to 4)
(up to 6)
|Cleaning Fee (includes sanitation and at least 24-hrs between guests)||$150||$175|
|Listing Sites (add service fees)||Airbnb||Vrbo|
||No charge for dogs! (unless damages) See horses page for those fees.|
|Beds||2 (K + Q)||3 (K + Q + Full)|
|Common Rooms||Rec Room with kitchenette with counter dining and patio table||Quarters Plus...
Great Room with Loft & Dining
|Fireplaces||Propane in master and front porch||Quarters Plus...
Wood burning Great Room fireplace
|Indoor Games||Ping pong, foosball, darts, a few smaller games/cards||Quarters Plus...
More cards, puzzles, board games in loft
|Entertainment||46" TV with satellite & Netflix||Quarters Plus...
58" TV with satellite / DVD / Netflix and blue tooth surround sound
Hosted and Private Rentals -- you are the ONLY GUESTS with either option
Dogs are welcome when our very friendly Lab, Cody, is in residence and have separately fenced yards. Cody gets along very well with dogs of all sizes and is helpful for introducing guest dogs to the barn animals. However, we can accomodate dogs who don't play well with others and will coordinate with you so your dogs get max time on the 60 acres during Hosted visits, or you can choose Private rental dates.
- Hosted Guest House (owners in residence - see yellow dates in calendar) During months when we are onsite, we offer Hosted Rentals while ensuring as much privacy or interaction as you want with both people and pets. For Hosted Rentals, guests can choose between Standard Guest House or smaller Guest Quarters configuration. Feedback from guests has been very positive for our hosted farm-stay experience since when we're in residence, we're able to offer add-on services like:
- Barn animal feeding/petting/learning interactions (included standard along with photos), plus optional llama walks or horse grooming/riding lessons. More info on our Ranch Livestock page and in many reviews.
- Catered meal delivery to your private indoor or outdoor linen-covered table, or picnic delivery to pond or view spot on the ranch.
- Romantic surprises like flowers, champagne, chocolates, massages, rose petals on the bed, etc.
- Marriage proposal assistance (e.g. a hike with your significant other to a beautiful location where your dog delivers a ring, or surprise her with a horse-drawn wagon ride).
- Horse owners can bring their own horses to the ranch.
- Private Vacation Rental (owners' side unoccupied - see light brown dates in calendar) For people wanting more privacy especially if have dogs that "don't play well with others" and you'd like to use the backyard unshared, select dates when we are traveling with our dogs and NOT onsite. When we are not onsite, please do NOT disturb our horses/llamas/chickens who will have daily pet sitter visits to the barn and pasture each afternoon.
- We usually travel ~6-8 week/year with our dogs. 2020 private rental dates include last week of Feb, week before 4th of July, 9 days in August, and 3 weeks in November.
Rental Availability Calendar
- Rates and availability are subject to change until reservation is confirmed with payment. High/low season rate based on arrival date.
- Cancellations refundable (less $100 fee) if more than 4 weeks before check-in. Optional insurance for "Future Stay Credit" allows changes up to day of arrival.
- # of guests include adults + children. House is not childproofed and property may not be ideal for young children.
- 10% lodging tax. Refundable Security Deposit.
- 2 night minimum, with 3-night minimum for major holidays: MLK Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.